Day 2: How to win VCs and influence them
Day 2 started at around 04:00am for me with Jetlag still working through my system. After a few hours working with the team in England, I set off for the Cambridge Innovation Centre for the second day of kTeams.
A full program of meetings today was concluded with a panel discussion on “How To Win VCs & Influence Them: Insights & Strategies from 4 Top VC firms”. The 4 Boston-based VCs shared their insights into the Capital raising process from a VC perspective.
It was fascinating and included tips such as:
- Get an introduction from an entrepreneur known to the VC
- Don’t ask for money on the first meeting
- Research VCs carefully and find those interested in your sector, but without investments in your direct competitors
- If the answer is no, ask why and then come back a year if the problem is fixed
- Avoid advisors who want a slice of the fundraising
A well spent evening, and the beer and pizza was welcome too.